All Junior Infants should be able to do the following:
- Button & unbutton their coat and hang it up
- Be fully toilet-trained and able to use the toilet without help, e.g., flush the toilet, wash and dry their hands
- Share toys and take turns
- Tidy up and put away things
- Open and close all compartments of their school bag
- Manage their lunch, i.e., open and close lunch box, drinks, sandwich boxes, open yogurt lids, peel their own orange, etc.
- If the child can not tie shoelaces, choose shoes with velcro fasteners
For more information, please click on our guidelines for parents.